POWERLINE CARRIER SYSTEM WITH INTEGRATED TELEPROTECTION.
STE-D, the universal powerline carrier system with integrated interface to remote protection, is the new generation of analogue, digital and mixed analogue-digital high performance powerline systems, based on Digital Signal Processing DSP technology, to support all applications, from legacy analog solutions to the most advanced digital in a long-term perspective. This device is able both to interface with remote protection devices and to support integrated remote protection functions internally.
The main benefits of STE-D are the reduced cost in the transmission of small and medium-sized information flows over medium-long distances, the guarantee of highly reliable communications for operational services (telephony, remote control and remote protection) in the case of HV and VHV power lines, the possibility of use as a back-up network to increase the reliability of the telecommunication service and finally the security of configuration and maintenance through Radius authentication and SSH support.
- Integrated multiplexer with STE-D-TP drop / insert function which allows it to become an access node in TDM networks
- Integrated router that enables its use in the IP network
- BBPU (Base Band Processing Unit) to operate as an analog or hybrid analog / digital device
- Integrated remote protection that allows you to reduce costs and manage from 1 to 8 commands
- Transparent transmission of audio frequency signals
- Compressed digital audio tranmission
- Transmission of up to 4 uncompressed voice channels
- Asynchronous data transmission up to 19200 bps and minimum delay in point-to-multipoint applications, typical of SCADA polling
- Synchronous data transmission from 1.2 kbps to 92.8 kbps
- Adaptive multiplexing of data services with traffic flow control
- Ethernet / IP routing / bridging for LAN interconnections
- Connection of external switches, multiplexers and routers, aggregation of services and traffic management through standardized interfaces
- Trellis Code modulation and FEC (Forward Error Correction) technologies for transmission at different bit rates and error correction
- Integrated remote protection unit capable of managing up to 8 commands